This is not a web form. Please print it out and mail or fax it to the Friends.
We would be happy to have you email your volunteer information to us instead, simply include all the information that is requested on the printed form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Houston Public Library
Annual Book Sale Volunteer Request Form
George R. Brown Convention Center
We’re looking for a few good book lovers to help us put on a great Book Sale. Thousands of excellent books will be available at a fraction of their value—sort of recycling for the mind—for the benefit of Houston Public Library and the community. Will you join us? It’s fun, it’s always interesting, and, it’s easy to sign up!
PICK YOUR JOB
|____ Set-Up (Friday 9 to 3 only)
____ Book Stocker
____ Book Sorter
____ Book Keep
____ Membership Desk
____ Clean-Up (Sunday 4-6 only)
____ Volunteer Hospitality Room (upstairs)
____ Any task as needed: to place limits, simply check more than one of the above
PICK YOUR SHIFTS
Friday, April 20
Saturday, April 21
Sunday, April 22
GET IT BACK TO US—the sooner the better
Get the following information back to us by mail, fax, or email. Please provide your email address so that we can confirm your volunteer time more efficiently and contact you before the sale.
|City, State Zip:|
|Daytime phone number:|
|Evening phone number:|
To return your volunteer form or for more information:
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift to sign in and receive instructions.
- Sign in and out in the Volunteer Area. This information is important to us.
- During Friday set-up, having a cutting tool for opening boxes is very helpful.
- Since there is no safe area for purses or bags, please use a fanny-pack or pockets for your things.
- We are happy to provide drinks & snacks for our volunteers during their shifts in the Volunteer Area.
- Meals will be provided for volunteers who work double shifts over meal time.
- There is a charge to park at the George R. Brown. The Friends will reimburse you $5, with your ticket, or you can choose to donate that expense back to the Friends.